Saturday, February 25, 2006

Santa Monica

Get ready for a slew of Mini Photos, all in Santa Monica. Every one of these Minis in this post were photographed in Santa Monica on Feb. 25, 2006. It was an amazing day. Santa Monica must be the mecca for happy, zippy cars. Sun, surf, shopping, food: what can be better?

This blue Mini was seen in one of the public parking garages.

Another Mini in the same garage.

Another Mini, same garage. I didn't find any parking in that garage, but I saw three Minis. Now that's time well spent.

Since I didn't find any available spots in the public garage, I parked in a private garage off of Second Street. And look what was there: a Mini!

This Mini was driving east and I had to run to catch up with it. Yes, it is a bit silly to chase after a car for a photo, but when I look at the picture, it's entirely worth it.

This Mini was parked on Fifth Avenue.

This was definitely my most amazing find of the day. Walking on the overpass above Pacific Coast Highway, I wondered whether I would see a Mini and whether I could spot it. About five minutes passed and I didn't see a Mini. I was a bit discouraged, and as I was about to leave, I saw this. So yes, I did and I can. Can you? It's on the right side of the photo.

I was about to cross the street on Ocean Boulevard when I saw this Mini make a speedy left turn.

Another Mini parked along Ocean Boulevard.

A Mini racing by on Ocean Boulevard.

A Mini parked in a parking lot nearby Third Street Promenade.

A Mini parked on Wilshire Boulevard. This was my not my last Mini Sighting of the evening, but it was the last one I could photograph. I later saw a Mini coming down the off-ramp of the 405 Freeway, but it was too quick (they often are) for me to photograph.